a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last Year's Winter Coat

As many of you know, 
every early 
early morning 
the "girls" and I go for a walk 
to the park, 
almost a kilometer away.
More times than not 
there is something interesting, 
if not unusual,to be found
. 
The other day 
it was this envelope.
First of all
it's not an envelope from Canada 
and secondly 
I found it stuck to a telephone pole
and although it was sealed 
there was something inside.

4 comments:

  1. How cool. What a magical thing to do.
    This surprise is like a twenty you've found.
    Is it a metaphor for anything in your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I am so curious as to who put this in the park and why. I wonder if it was for anyone to find or if they left it there for some one specific. Like a treasure hunt. I love the way it's sewn to the patterned paper too. Oh so curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that
    thinking of putting messages in bottles on my trip out to the east coast this summer

    ReplyDelete