a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009


I've been working on a number of things since I last wrote. As well there has been very little sun to help take pictures by, although the temperatures have been amazing for this time of year. The sparrow turned out rather well, don't you think?


                                 

This little guy has been the subject of many screen prints that I've been working on for the past week.


If you look closely here you can see that I've masked the sparrow and laid a screen image of leaves over it. The leaves will be printed with a medium grey ink.

And here it is. When it dries I'll iron it to set the ink and then wash it and iron it again and package it. But I can't tell you what it is...not for a few weeks anyway.


This is my new traveling needle book. It's all of 3" square. And when it opens up it looks like this:
Unfortunately the shot is a bit dark (like I said, there's been very little sun) but the pages are a cream colour of felt and the cover itself is one of my images silk screened onto a medium brown linen. A little halo snap keeps the book closed when not being used. They are for sale if anyone is interested for $12. CDN

No comments:

Post a Comment