a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, January 06, 2010


Here is the new lino cut I've been working on the last few days.
I made quite a number of mistakes, the first one being that I positioned the drawing on the lino cut facing the wrong way (something I do quite a lot), the second was a bad cut (not pictured here). 
Then I decided to start all over again (picture top right). These two seemed to be working well so I smeared an ink pad over them creating the images on the bottom left. I love the look of the ink as the texture from the lino makes it look almost like a wood block print.

Now the decision was: do I want to keep the background or remove it?
I removed it (bottom right lino cut and image). And I really like it. Something I don't often say about my work. Here's a closer look (or you can click on the image and really have a close look):




I'm hoping to use this image in the printing workshop come Saturday .

No comments:

Post a Comment