a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

About three years ago I was working on a series of textile pieces with aging as the theme. Not a very "up" subject for most but one that has intrigued me most of my life. Some of those pieces can be seen here. This is a small quiet square foot piece I'm working on for submission that I'll tell you more about later. 
Art's bronze whales are in the window at a store on Dundas
They look so good from the sidewalk side where the light just fully engulfs them making it feel very Arctic and Canadian.

2 comments:

  1. I love it already. I checked out the "old" work and fell in love with "Annie" all over again. I recently found the images of Mom you sent me a while back and feel I'm ready to start working with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you added Art's lovely whales later so I wanted to honour their magnificence. How very wonderful. He is so masterful.

    ReplyDelete