a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of 2010


This last day of 2010 has warmed up from the last few weeks and we were able to take a lovely walk through Kennsington Market. It's been ages since we've gone for a walk and even longer since we've been to the market. I wish I had my camera. We bought some cheese and raspberry tea as well as some sausages. Art is always on the look out for the perfect sausage.
painted by EGR and Horus; commissioned by the Chinatown BIA

Then we went over to Chinatown. Just north of Dundas is a laneway with this mural. Toronto has some great graffiti and I find it very disturbing that our new mayor is pressuring store owners to rid their walls of it. Well, don't get me started...
Anyway, we bought some coconut tarts and wintermelon pastry from the Kim Moon Bakery. What an excellent way to finish the year.


 I wish all of you a Happy, Healthy and Productive New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment