a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Stashes Needlework and Printing

That was a busy weekend! Hope you had as much fun as I did. This is just one of the stashes I came away with from the Textile Museum's Yardage Sale. Some lovely linens, cottons, twill and unknowns. Not quite sure what I will do with it but I do have some ideas incubating.
As well I found this really cool old book (1947 1st edition) on needlework with SO much information!
These last images are how to do netting. But there's also lacework, tatting, rug making and weaving along with the standard knitting, crocheting, embroidery and applique.
In amongst that I was busy printing new place-mats and napkins. The piles are getting bigger and bigger as the shows come nearer and nearer.

1 comment:

  1. I love your sparrow amongst the grasses so much. He's just beautiful. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog too x

    ReplyDelete