a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, June 06, 2011

Busy, busy weekend, eh? I'd like to thank everyone who came to the West Elm Etsy Pop-up on Saturday. Lots of people despite the storm and thunder.
I love rusted old things and their sense of time long past. This is a sign I pass by everyday on an old red painted brick wall. I'd love to play with it a bit, perhaps come up with something like this from underabluesky.I met Charlene at the Pop-up on Saturday, such beautiful work she does.
Yesterday was just gorgeous but I had to catch up with work. I have a pile of tea towels to sew, made from the new linen but I had such a time with it. I have to admit I was ready to throw my sweet featherweight out the window! So when push comes to shove one must come up with other ways of doing things, right?
 Because of the thickness of corners the needle just couldn't manage so I had to resort to changing (much better idea than losing the sewing machine let alone breaking the window). So now I'm doing mitered corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment