a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Ghosts"


The show is being hung today and up above I have posted a page  for those of you outside Toronto to view the show.  

It has been at least 5 years since I last painted. There have only been a couple of times in my life when I have taken a break from painting. This is the longest it has ever been. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it; the break, that is. 

Unlike screen printing, painting takes me to a place in my head where there is no thought. It's a process I have never been able to describe in any other way. Simply put: my eye and my  hand do the work, not my head, not my brain. I think "intuitive" is the word I'm looking for to describe this process. It is a very comfortable and familiar place for me to be.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the show!Enjoy it and keep being creative whatever way you feel like!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way you painted the "ghosts". Beautiful work, nice colors. I like to discribe the process of painting as "meditating".

    ReplyDelete