a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2012

A Little Visit

Once again I jumped through another little window and disappeared for a day. It is so good to change the scene, hear another view point and most of all share stories and  laughter with someone very special.


Years and years ago I painted a lot of these children's clothes hook boards. They were a lot of fun to do. I had forgotten that I had been painting on wood  before the "Old Women" series.

"Waiting" by Barbara Di Lella 1997 oil on board 

Unfortunately, this is the only record I have of this painting, which was sold. But it was the beginning of a series that lasted a few years.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. Somehow, it is easier for me to feel close to a painting with human figures.. There is gentleness in this painting.
    Will you start painting people again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!! Love the bear in the train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of them, they are brilliant each in their own way. Sometimes (usually) when I look back on work I cringe, but your work is great! :)

    ReplyDelete