a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Animals in Art

Robert Bateman
Yesterday I had mentioned that it would be wonderful to visit The Bell Museum of Natural History. One of the museum's activities is their Sketch Night. Not meaning to continue my rant, but I dare say it should be something that the ROM might want to consider offering as I know they have a lot of specimens behind the scenes.

The National Wildlife Museum of Art in Wyoming would be another on my list of places to visit. And what a surprise too, to see Canadian Robert Bateman's work in the "centre fold" of the Greene Pathways Gallery.
The museum has an amazing collection of wildlife artists, many of whom I wouldn't mind seeing all together. 
Frank Tenney Johnson


Years and years ago there was a monumental show of the world's best wildlife artists brought together at the Royal Ontario Museum's "Animals in Art" retrospective.

Wildlife art has had a long and bumpy history,
depending on geographic location.
Nevertheless,
it would appear that attitudes
are changing

No comments:

Post a Comment