a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Inspiration from my Dogs

copyright B. Di Lella 2013

I hope you had a good weekend.
 
The last few days of February...this month has always been the hardest and longest to me. It doesn't make much sense, being the shortest month of the year however, "it's always the darkest before the dawn" comes to mind. March is my light at the end of the tunnel.

As for the Test of Time...well: as you can see


Some new sketches that developed after that post more-or-less eliminated the possibility of that one's chances of surviving. I hit the nail on the head when I said it was stiff. Why I didn't see that before...who knows? But stiff it was.

I remember watching Sonee (and especially Dusty, my first dog, who was incredibly fast) running flat out, low and sleek, in wide circles around me. And I would turn on the spot, watching her (or him), in smooth continuous movement with the background all a blur. This drawing reminds me of them in their younger days, all speed and muscle and complete joy! 

Dusty 1992 - 2002



No comments:

Post a Comment