a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sketchbook Pages


Because of all the drawings I've been doing, I thought it would be best to keep them together in a sketch book. Mostly they are sketches to familiarize myself with whatever subject I am working on. I also do a fair bit of reading to better understand the birds or animals. This page, although a bit mixed up, shows various features and differences. I knew ravens were larger but I didn't know about the  tail shapes: certainly comes in handy, when you're drawing, to know these things.  

The pages eventually become filled as I don't really like to waste the paper and besides, it's best to keep the notes in one place. Can you imagine looking through piles of paper trying to find a particular detail?

1 comment:

  1. I love sketchbooks!! I made one myself yesterday, they are a bit of a treasure don't you think?

    ReplyDelete