a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Calendar 2014

Sparrow Avenue 2014 Year of the Horse Calendar
Through the early months of this year I had been working on new drawings, not only for the textiles but for this as well. A couple of years ago I had put together a calendar of Canadian wild animals (some of which made it to textile prints). Knowing that 2014 is the Year of the Horse was pretty exciting as I've been drawing horses since I was little. A perfect opportunity! Soon it will be in the shop with the rest of 2014's pictures

2 comments:

  1. Am I wrong or is this Przewalski’s (pronounced sheh-val-skees) horse?
    What a sweet sketch.
    When I went looking for the spelling I found that " Przewalski’s horse is a separate, truly wild species that split sometime between 38,000 and 72,000 years ago from the lineage that led to domestic horses."

    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ancient-horses-dna-fills-picture-equine-evolution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little foal is a Shire. But I do have Przewalski's horse included amongst the 12 others.
      Thanks for the pronunciation: I never knew

      Delete