a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Roxy
She sits and waits, watching for a sign that I've returned from whatever I was doing to let her back in. 


For the most part, the three of us are together in a warm (and mostly sunny) studio. The other animals (bees, deer and rabbits) are also there and pretty soon some bears will be added to the list. But I'm almost done with the rabbits...I think. It's amazing how the coming together of a drawing can be so drawn out!

 Now there's a pun!

But I really do think that there is an evolution to a drawing as for any other idea.  The more it is worked, the more it evolves, the more it transforms into another possibility. It's not a mathematical equation where you start with an idea and see it through to an end result in a linear fashion .

Woops, another pun!

No comments:

Post a Comment