a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Enlarging an Image

deer 2 copyright Barbara Di Lella
Machines can do all sorts of things more quickly and supposedly, make one's life easier too. Enlarging images can very easily be done on a copy machine or even with a scanner and computer. 

But at 5:00 a.m. (which is when I was working on this drawing), there are no copy machines available and at that hour of the morning I wasn't interested in listening to the hum of the computer. (No one really knows how much I detest humming). So I chose to enlarge the sketch on the left the old fashioned way.

The idea of having two animals together seems to suit the deer. And when I think about it, deer live in groups so it makes sense to have more than one. I'm hoping this one will be compatible with the one I had been working on earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment