a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Vintage Metal Boxes


Yesterday's wooden box that holds my spools of thread suggested that I show my other special boxes. This metal box was a gift from my sister who has the very same one that was our grandmother's. I have no doubt that Grandma was the one who influenced our love of children's book illustration. How cute are these? Originally it was a biscuit box that was made in England for Gray Dunn (biscuit manufacturers in Scotland).


This, too, is a Gray Dunn biscuit tin and also a gift from my sister.


This tin holds my sewing needles. It was probably my grandfather's.


This was once a candy tin but I altered it  a few years ago when I was experimenting with that form of collage.


This was a box I had found many years ago and thought it would be perfect for carrying my watercolours.

1 comment:

  1. Sister here. What a sweet posting. I love your assemblage. Even your watercolour box looks like an assemblage with your lovely palette!

    ReplyDelete