a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

What Was/ What Is

Linseed Oil Factory, Toronto 2012

For 16 years I have been walking to Sorauren Park. The first  few years were with my first dog, Dusty. And I've shown lots of images of that park too. It was back in April that I thought I might not want to return because of the changes that were being made. But I have gone back only because there's is no where else close by where the girls can walk unleashed.

Linseed Oil Factory 2014

Linseed Oil Factory, Toronto 2014

Linseed Oil Factory, Toronto 2014
The wild unruliness of the place has been cleared away, refined and tamed for more urban pursuits. It is now a "town square" where events can be held, such as the Farmer's Market.

Behind the old building at at the back of Sorauren Park is the Rail Path that I had mentioned yesterday. In between are the small pockets that I look for, that are important to me.




 There are two trees that grow on the roof of the old Linseed Oil Factory. I am not sure whether or not they have decided to save the building or tear it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment