a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, August 07, 2014

The Temporary Studio



 


All this summer I have been able to work in an expanded studio. Let me tell you: that it has been a luxury. It all started innocently enough when my youngest went out west for a summer job. At that point it hadn't occurred to me that this room could be used at all. But when the new windows needed to be installed and some elbow room would be required to do that, I emptied my room into the now vacant one. Since I had no idea when the installers were going to show, I began to work in this new set up.


Even though I work on a small table, the amount of space around me is enough to not feel cramped. Plus, when I look up from my work I have something to look at that brings back memories of when we were all there.


Not only that, it also reminds me of the tenacity of this person whose room I have had the pleasure to work in. This is a very large framed print. I was sure it was too large to fit in our car. Working  with a measuring tape and some time to find a way to make it work, my youngest later begged me to drive to the store. The two of us struggled to get it into the car, turning it every which way until it finally fit! We had a good laugh, drove home and then we had to get it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment