a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Blues


There are so many things that can influence a mood. The weather is one of those things. It has been so over-cast and rainy here. I don't feel like I have time to let a mood influence my day.
One of the tricks is music. I love the blues. You'd think that blues would only serve to bring one down. But, no: I love the blues. Of course, there's all kinds of blues, I'm sure you know. But it's the rawness of sound and feeling let alone the bending of notes.

I've been reading Keith Richards' "Life". The way he writes about music is like reading a love story; it is a love story and so, of course, I've been listening to a lot of Stones music; a sure way to boost my energy levels. The Stones are known for Rock 'n Roll for sure, but their beginning was totally blues.

1 comment:

  1. I did not appreciate The Rolling Stones until I married a guy who saw them in concert in Vancouver in 1972. Now I love them just as much as he does.

    ReplyDelete