a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Hawk Drawings

copyright B. Di Lella Cooper's Hawk drawing in process 2015
With the confinement that "Jack's" visit caused, I was determined to get a lot of drawing done. And I remembered the photos I took of the Cooper's Hawk last year. I saw the two of them when the girls and I were out early one morning, flying right towards us and landing in the tree that we were approaching. I stood for quite some time just looking at him (the other one flew further along). I'm fortunate too because the girls have learned that when I stop, they must wait. It comes from all that bird watching I would do at the park.


copyright B. Di Lella Cooper's Hawk drawing in process 2015
So here are the beginnings of a "possibility of a definite maybe".

No comments:

Post a Comment