a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Donkey Drawing 2

copyright B. Di Lella 2015 Donkey drawing in process
It is March Break for the school kids. The airports were jammed on the first day, being the busiest time of year for people wanting to get away. And who can blame them after the crazy cold winter we had? Wish I could go too, but that will come. I hear the moose are out and about in Algonquin and I'm long over-due for a road trip!

This weekend saw the abandonment of the donkey drawing I had been working on for this new one. It took me a while to realize that the donkey-ness of what I had been doing just wasn't showing itself. This current drawing, I think, does a better job of it. They are so sweet. There is a donkey rescue not far from where I live and I hope to go soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment