a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Drawing Correction No.1

copyright B. Di Lella 2015 moose drawing correction in process
The new moose was finished some weeks ago. I felt it was a good drawing but yet there was something about him that held me back. After a while I decided that he was too "sad". So a few days ago I began a new drawing and worked on that for a few days. As majestic and stately as moose are, there certainly is something awkward about them too. 
Long story short: I abandoned the second drawing and went back to the first, thinking if it's just the eyes, I should be able to just fix them. And fix them, I did. Only to discover (and how did I miss this the first time 'round?) that the antlers were misaligned! So here you see me in the process of correcting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment