a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wolf Drawing in Process

copyright Barbara Di Lella, wolf drawing, 2016 
This is the wolf drawing in process.  The head (that was shown the previous day) was too big, so I reduced it which meant that I had to go over the inked lines. But then it wasn't really sized for the page plus the back legs appeared to be too long so I had to cut it down and refit it onto a regular size piece of paper. This is necessary as then I know it will fit my screen. I also have to make sure that the lines aren't reduced too much as that will change the whole look of him, let alone making it difficult for the lines to appear appropriately in the printed image. 

So he's somewhat pieced together. Not really the way I like to work but sometimes it turns out that way. Anyway, so far, so good. I'm thinking he will replace the wolves that were burned onto a screen a few weeks ago. But I don't think I ever did post that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment