a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, June 13, 2016

Let Them Eat Cake


Hope you had a wonderful precursor-to-summer weekend. It finally reached the temperatures that I long for during most of the year. Not that I-need-a- winter-coat-when-it's-almost-summer.

You may well be wondering why I'm posting such a trashy-looking page of writing. Well, it's a recipe. A well-used one, I might add. This is a recipe I've been making for more years than I care to remember and it turns out to be dairy-free (not that I was concerned about that sort of thing all those years ago).


Seeing family over the weekend called for making this Lemon Sponge Cake. Whipping the egg whites takes 10 minutes whether I do it by hand or an electric mixer. It's the lightness of the cake, I think, that everyone likes: no guilt about eating dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment