a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

This Maker-Life


Taking stock: counting everything.
Making sure there is enough of each item, not only for the shows but for the wholesale as well.
Do I have enough? will one item sell better this year than last year? Such a guessing game. Such a gamble.

I've never been much of a gambler, but it has occurred to me that the life I've chosen, this independent maker-life, is a total gamble. There is no security in it. I never know what will happen from one week to the next. But because I've lived this way most of my life, I've become used to the uncertainty of it. Not only that, but I've also been able to look back and see that there is not so much a pattern, as an over-all balance. 

Things have a way of working out.

I don't know how. Call it serendipity. But it happens. And maybe it happens because I have a tendency to not worry about it. I've never understood the point of worrying. It doesn't change anything, to worry. It doesn't make things better, in fact, one can worry oneself sick and there's certainly no point in doing that. 

Things balance out on their own...somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment