a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Missed One

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Bear drawing in progress 2017
Going over my work, I see that I've totally missed the process of this drawing. This is the second version, actually. And you can guess that the first one was scrapped due to that "inner voice" that I made mention of the other day.
Bears are so wonderfully sculptural and voluminous; this one is no exception. Because of the angle, his hind end looks even bigger! But black bears are rather pear-shaped, aren't they?

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying following your creative process very much. I think you definitely have winners in your loon and bear designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Laurene.
    I see you've changed your website a bit.
    Still love that Shetland Pony of yours!

    ReplyDelete