a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Repeat Pattern

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Elm Leaf Pattern, 2017

Welcome to March

Besides the animals that I do, I've also been exploring the botany aspect of nature. I would like to combine more elements into my work but for now, that is still pretty much behind the scenes. At least, until I can move it further along. In the meantime, I have also been experimenting with repeated pattern.


copyright Barbara Di Lella, Elm Leaf Pattern 2017

I eliminated the stray leaf and divided the pattern horizontally and vertically. In other words, I guess, I quartered the image so that  it would repeat itself like this:

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Elm Leaf Pattern Repeat, 2017
 That was kind of cool, I thought. But a little boring, a little too much like wall paper. Well, maybe I'll work on that a little more too.


No comments:

Post a Comment