a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Linen vs Natural Linen

Sparrow Avenue, Beaver Linen Tea Towel and Beaver Natural Linen Tea Towel
Side-by-side, the new Linen Tea Towel with the Natural Linen Tea Towel. This could be the transitioning stage. I would like to crossover to the Linen Tea Towel with the dark grey stripes. There a number of reasons why from my point of view. However, I would be curious to hear which Linen you would prefer?

3 comments:

  1. The Linen Tea Towel offers greater contrast and in that sense is a better support for you illustration, but I admit to having a soft spot for the Natural Linen towel. I like vintage feel of it. I would imagine that the Linen Tea Towel would appeal to a greater audience though and it still has the look of your "brand". Hope that helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a tough decision from a visual point of view.
      Thank you for your opinion; which is greatly valued!

      Delete
  2. Laurene took the words right out of my mouth.
    My experience is that the general public prefer the brighter, more contrasting background. Artists and purists love the subtle elegance of natural materials.

    ReplyDelete