a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Muskoka Arts and Crafts Summer Show

Back from a beautiful weekend in Muskoka. I hope all of you had a great weekend too and a big thank you to all the people who came by to chat and support handmade as well as all the new artisans that I met. Such lovely people.
As you can see, I brought my little 1947 Featherweight that I do all my work on. People were so amazed that such a little machine could do so much work; it looks like a toy. But it certainly received a lot of attention and inspired some to bring theirs out to work on new projects.
One thing about being outdoors is that there were a lot of new "creatures" we came in contact with; like this guy. I can handle him, it's spiders that send me screaming off in all directions.
Staying at my sister's was a huge help and we talked hours into the nights. This is the view out the bedroom window; how peaceful is that?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Wish I could have been there but I am making a very fast trip to Toronto in the middle of August to visit my daughter. Anything happening then? Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the middle of August i might be doing a street sale in the Bloorcourt Village area.
    if i do, you're sure to hear about it here.
    it'd be so nice to meet you.
    i love looking at your food shots (let alone the mountains and that crazy moon image)
    i'd rather eat them though.

    ReplyDelete