a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Elements

Playing is a big part of finding a composition that works. Elements have always been of huge importance to me. They are easily moved around 'til something "clicks" and that satisfying rush tells you "this works".
The crane scissors is my collage scissors. I can cut the tiniest of details with it.
The letter is actually a photocopy of a letter written to my grandmother from her brother: check out the date!
These are the beginnings of me working out some new designs. I have a lot more "playing around" to do. 
There's my favourite new bird from a couple of days ago.
Maps have always intrigued me, especially the map of Canada as I've traveled across this country many times (and hope to do so again)
This is our last weekend of August
and the Summer months,
Lazy sunny days are coming to a close
and walking barefoot won't be possible for too much longer
Enjoy your weekend

1 comment:

  1. That letter is such a treasure! It's a wonderful feeling when something "clicks" isn't it...almost addicting for me. I that's why I'm so driven to create every day.
    Both of your images are wonderful and put a big smile on my face.
    Sending you a big hug. xoxo

    ReplyDelete