a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"What Was" Wednesday

When I first started doing collage work it was pretty random; drawings mixed with torn text book pages.
 Always there was a fascination with image and text, which of course created some conflict in my painting days as I just couldn't mix the two.
"Paris Post Cards: The Golden Age" by Leonard Pitt

 Post cards combine text and image beautifully with the added attraction of all the imagery and fonts of postage and cancellation stamps. I've collected postcards for years and have boxes and boxes of them. Is it any wonder that I started making a few of my own?

3 comments:

  1. Your work is just amazing Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with geninne
    i also wanted to thank you so much for the postcard you sent me
    it is sitting right in front of me now by the imac

    ReplyDelete