a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

"Last year's winter coat" has become a small collection of wooden spools of thread: another interesting find on the way to the park with the "girls".
 Same bag, different look.
When I had first started this blue bag, I was quite excited by the size of it. Less of a tight fit so-to-speak compared with my Day Bag.
Well, I had mixed up a bit too much of the blue textile ink so I started cutting out this black heavy weight twill and printed a few whales. But the blue seemed just a bit too bright. And that's when I remembered something I had thought a few weeks earlier and I added some black to get this lovely ghost like grey.  Sometimes it's referred to as "gun metal" grey.

I Love This Grey

I hope to have these in the shop some time in September.

1 comment: