a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, September 05, 2011

Sparrows

Hope you are enjoying this last long weekend. I've been working on the drawings, trying to push them a little further along.
 The pencil sketches are gone over with black ink as a strong solid black is required for the silk screen. You can see this in process in these pictures. This is also the time I play around with the composition. I like the new little bird (second from the right)
In order that I get the best possible lines, I decided I'd enlarge the drawing to double it's original size. Once it's the way I want it, it will be reduced.
Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have a new screen! (or two)

9 comments:

  1. I love seeing your process, specially when there's little birds involved ;) Can't wait to see what you'll screen these on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you draw birds! And the composition is perfect. I love drawing birds but I haven't drawn them enough to be able to make the feather arrangements on the wings look as natural as you. I can't wait to see what you make with this drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the multiples and how they interact with each other creating a narrative.
    lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawings are incredible! Such talent! Do you make the screens yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you everyone, again

    songsoflight: I'm still learning the process and get a fair bit of help.
    can't wait for the day I have my own set up

    ReplyDelete
  6. just gorgeous, sparrows are such cute little creatures :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete