a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sparrow Avenue
I hope your week is going well.

This is a small corner of the studio.
The hand is mine. 
Art must have molded and cast it 10 years ago. 
The spools of thread were a gift

The sparrow 
was a collaboration 
of which  Art did most of the work. 
One day I'll show some of the other collaborations 
that we've done.

copyright Barbara Di Lella 2012
 I wanted to show you the final drawing of the air ship I've been working on. Something's still a little wrong about the perspective and I'm pretty sure I know what it is but it would mean starting all over and I'm not sure I want to do that. Seeing as the idea is a little wonky, I don't see why the drawing shouldn't be as well.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara this is an incredible drawing. I love the balloons. When I was much younger I use to dream of a flying ship. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something pretty special to have a plaster cast of your hand. And love the jar; I have several of those in my sewing room. The drawing looks great!

    ReplyDelete