a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, April 09, 2012

Mosaic Monday


What a beautiful weekend!! So warm and sunny. Hey, I was cutting the grass; it was that long and thick! I hope you had plenty of family and friends, food and laughter these last few days.

I was looking over the very old stamp collection I have as I thought it might be a good place to find some inspiration for a Sparrow Avenue hang tag. These are all original stamps, some of them dating back to the 1930's. The Newfoundland stamp is certainly old, not being part of Canada until 1949. As for the Puffin, they're pretty much a Newfoundland bird  although they can be seen of the western shores of Greenland during the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Was just making cards for the store and I used the 7 cent Canada Goose stamp; have quite a few so I don't feel bad when I have to sell one. Really like the stamp from Italia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these would be totally terrific for a hang tag !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete