a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Printing Blanks


Spending the day printing all the "blanks" I cut and sewed earlier in the week. I wish the screens didn't stain with the ink so easily. They look and feel so much better when they're clean.


There is absolutely no room in the studio for a proper drying rack for what I print. Instead it's a process of folding and stacking/piling. Washing the screens is also a careful maneuvering around sleeping dogs that choose to obscure the space between the printing table and the sink. I'm not complaining: I love that they also choose to be with me.

1 comment:

  1. They look wonderful. I would love to learn how to do that some day. I can't let Meeko upstairs into my studio yet as he eats paper (along with a number of other things).

    ReplyDelete