a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Royal Ontario Museum Part 2


One of the frustrating things I find with the ROM is their display of artifacts. It is so difficult to see what you are looking at. This prehistoric moose skull is at least 8' high (approx.240cm). I can understand that perhaps it's placement is for the viewer to have a sense of how large this creature is but on the other hand: I can't see it!




You can see what I mean with the awkwardness of museum displays. The reflection from the glass cases makes it so frustrating if you're drawing. The musk ox in the back ground was completely impossible as the animal is dark so all you see is your own reflection. I suppose a lot of museums have this issue.




Have a wonderful weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment