a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Pouch with Hinged Metal Frame


Hinged metal frames for pouches have a lot of character and versatility. I have always liked the look of them but I've never made one...until now. There are quite a few tutorials out there. I rather like this one



The gluing on can be a bit tricky; I'll have to practise some more just to get it a little less wonky. This frame actually is for sewing on, you can see the little holes around the frame. My first attempts at that were awkward so I thought the glue would keep it from slipping.

It is a long weekend in Canada
Good old Victoria Day

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    I like the look of the pouches too! I just saw your ? about University. I'm coaching the art education student teachers. They student teach their last semester for 16 weeks. 8 at an elementary school and 8 at a middle school or high school. I observe and make suggestions about their teaching. I enjoy it, it puts me back in classrooms but I don't have the responsibility to grade 600-700 kids. I will be finished this week. The art fair went well! My neice from Calgary has been visiting and she was able to attend the fair which was fun! Hope all is well with you.
    Best,Lynn

    ReplyDelete