a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Visual Story

Sparrow Avenue Grizzly Bear Petite Pouch
Recently I had read an interesting article on product photography.  I think most visual people have an understanding of what makes things work in a picture. But it is one thing to innately "know"  how to compose a picture, it's another thing to be able to verbalize it so that others can understand too.

Telling stories and listening or reading stories is a common thread that connects all of us. But "seeing" stories can sometimes convey so much more, tell so much more about ourselves as individuals.


The Elements of My Story:
The 1963 silver dollar was a gift from my grandma and grandpa.
The photograph was taken by my sister when we had gone out west.
The stone was found on a shore in Nova Scotia.
The key was a gift from a friend.
The wooden side table was a gift from my sister.
The Grizzly Bear Petite Pouch is made by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment