a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Haliburton Art and Craft Festival 2014 Day 3


During the night the clouds rolled in and brought with them a torrential downpour so loud as to wake us up. I couldn't sleep wondering about the winds (which can be strong enough to blow tents up and away). But the more I thought about it the less concerned I became. Even if the tent blew away (although it wouldn't because it was staked and weighted down) I was sure my stock would survive because I had packed it well and secured it all with heavy plastic. But the noise from the rain hitting the tin roof was more than I could sleep through so I just waited it out.
It stopped eventually; enough for the girls and I to go for our walk in the morning. But started again at breakfast. When we left I took these pictures coming in to Haliburton.





Looking at these images, I can assure you, we weren't to sure how the day would be. We certainly didn't think it would be conducive for an outdoor show. Just behind our tent it looked like this:


But as the day progressed the clouds were blown away leaving patches of blue and warm sun.

Sparrow Avenue at Haliburton Art and Craft Festival 2014
The day turned out to absolutely lovely. 
Thank you so much
to all of you
who came to the show
and supported handmade.
And many thanks 
to all the organizers and volunteers
of the show.
You were all so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment