a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Haliburton, Dunloe Farm B & B Day 2

Dunloe Farm B & B
Early the next morning the girls and I went for our walk trying to be ever so quiet too. It had been raining during the night but had stopped by the time we went out. Even so, we were walking through so much moisture in the air (it wasn't drizzling) that we were rather wet by the time we returned. Sonee had a good run through the fields but I couldn't capture her on film and only managed a blurry image of Roxy.


Even so, doesn't she look happy? Not bad running for a 14 year old who had a stroke not too long ago.




Once back inside our room I made coffee and brought out the apricot muffins that I had made before we came. Art and I chatted til it was time to go down for breakfast. Darlene makes an amazing spread of various fruits, yogurt, toast, cereals (with all different milk including almond milk) as well as something different that is baked each morning, not to mention the mandatory (in my opinion) coffee  and tea. Yum, yum.


The girls received lots of attention at the show even though there were so many people who also brought their dogs. It was great to see so many people with their families and friends enjoying the day. And even though the skies looked questionable, not once did it rain.

The girls had their regular naps in between walks about the show and along the shore. This gave me the opportunity to see the other artisans that were participating. And that is when I found that Atelier du Presbytere was here. We had a wonderful little chat. I love her work so much!


At one point Roxy was sleeping so soundly and comfortably that I quietly fished out the camera. But she really doesn't like her picture being taken (much like me) and woke up just at that moment.

At the end of the day Art and I had dinner by the lake as the clouds rolled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment