a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Reproduction Prints

 
Sara Morgan "Blue, Cream Farmyard"

I've been doing a lot of research into, not only vintage fabric patterns, but also reproduction prints influenced by the past. Along with that research comes the discovery of fabric designers and their work. Sara Morgan and Judy Rothermel are two new discoveries for me.

Judy Rothermel "Yellow, Green and White Floral"
There was a different sense to the balance of colours in other time periods, as well as the combination of particular colours. That could be one explanation as to why I like vintage. I have found that I tend to gravitate towards certain colour combinations more than others. The softer, greyer yellows and greens speak to me. The addition of the burgundy in this last picture reminds me so much of the TTC streetcar colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment