a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Buffalo Drawings

Buffalo drawings, copyright Barbara Di Lella January 2015
              
So here are some drawings after my visit to the bison at High Park.

Buffalo drawing copyright Barbara Di Lella January 2015
 This one seemed acceptable for a little while until I decided his neck was ill-proportioned and his skull wasn't quite right.


Buffalo drawing, copyright Barbara Di Lella January 2015

Buffalo drawing, copyright Barbara Di Lella January 2015

I'm much happier with these corrections. Really pleased with the musculature. Far from finished though.

Buffalo drawings, copyright Barbara Di Lella January 2015

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these, especially the final revisions! The silhouette of the head and neck works beautifully now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful work; I very much enjoyed its evolution, especially seeing more neck than I could at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both.
    I'm still working on it though.

    ReplyDelete