a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Hare or Rabbit

copyright Barbara Di Lella Snowshoe Hare drawing in progress 2015
Do you remember all the rabbits I was drawing last year? None of them spoke to me and I ended up abandoning all of them. Sometimes, I find, it's best just to leave things alone for a while, stop fussing and just let it meld. 
After doing the bison and then the squirrel, I was looking through some of the drawings in my book and came upon all those old rabbits. There were quite a few, for sure. And then this guy just popped out of my head/hand and pencil.
I have to say, I think I have more of an affinity for hares than rabbits. And Snowshoe Hares are definitely full of character with their big feet.

The first of the FIELDS, Limited Edition is in the shop.
And the second

No comments:

Post a Comment