a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Invisible Threads

Sparrow Avenue FIELDS Limited Edition Owl Pouch
The middle of the week finds me once again re-arranging the studio. This is usually something I do at the end of a year however, with the sun finally pouring into the studio and the imminent spring, I feel a renewal is not a bad idea. 

There are a lot of things I've collected over the years mostly children's books from my illustrating days, artwork and objets d'art. 

Sometimes it is hard to part with things that have been around for a long, long time. There are invisible threads that weave through the thoughts between my eyes and heart.
It is not an uncommon feeling, I'm sure most people are familiar with it and perhaps that is why there is an obsession with organization. But sometimes a parting of ways is a good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment