a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pattern Repeat

copyright B. Di Lella pattern repeat process 1 2015
It has been in the back of my mind for sometime now to create a pattern that I could use in my work that didn't involve a specific subject like the animals present.
The above is a variation of one of the designs I have been working on.
On the back of the paper I numbered a quadrant, cut the paper in half vertically and then switched the quarters to their opposite positions.


copyright B. Di Lella pattern repeat process 2 2015

Because I didn't draw to the edges of the paper, I now have a gap down the middle to fill in.


copyright B. Di Lella pattern repeat process 3 2015

Afterwards I ripped the paper in half horizontally and re-positioned the design to look like this:


copyright B. Di Lella pattern repeat process 4 2015

Again, there is a space to fill.


copyright B. Di Lella pattern repeat process5 2015






No comments:

Post a Comment