a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Running Free

Sparrow Avenue 2014 Calendar
Last year was the Year of the Horse and I had done quite a number of drawings for a calendar. This Running Horse I wanted to revise for a large screen.

copyright B. Di Lella 2015 Running Horse drawing in process

So, as I so typically do, I abandoned the moose drawing just as he was almost completed and started on the horse. Each of the drawings I do usually span a number of days, sometimes weeks (depending on what else is going on around me).

copyright B. Di Lella 2015 Running Horse drawing in process
Here he is further along. I am maintaining the same woodblock look that I have been doing with the moose. As I had done with the wolf (Running Wild) I will add "Running Free".





No comments:

Post a Comment