a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, June 01, 2015

A New Canadian Flag

Sparrow Avenue 2015 Canada Flag with Beaver
Hope you had a great weekend. 

Last week I mentioned about some new ideas I have been working on. This is one of them. I really like this vintage-looking twist to the Canadian Flag. And why not?

The Maple Leaf is a bit stodgy, I mean, it's so symmetrical, uniform and balanced according to the dictionary's meaning of "stodgy". I like the idea that Canada is balanced and aside from that, I do agree that the Maple Leaf is colourful. But the beaver is Canada's national symbol and my beaver, at least, has a sense of humour.


As Canada Day approaches, here is my little celebration of it.

2 comments:

  1. Fab-Canadabulous! That makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to start my day with a smile! Very creative!! These should fly off the shelf at any art fair.

    ReplyDelete