a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Little Things

copyright Barbara Di Lella 2015 Horse
There's no question about it. I can drive myself around the bend. Little things, that's all it takes sometimes. Usually, I can be pretty lassez-faire about things. But not the drawing. The drawing has to be the best I can do. Not an easy thing and I'll tell you why. The more you draw, the more you learn. The more you learn, the more you see those little things. And those "little things" are anomalies. And I just can't abide by anomalies, especially when I know they are there.

I thought the other horse I did wasn't bad. I was quite excited to  start printing it. But that first print...well, that was disappointing. A lesson learned for sure. A good drawing doesn't always make for a good print.

So I started again.

copyright Barbara Di Lella 2015 Horse, in process

No comments:

Post a Comment