a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Haliburton Day 1


Missed yesterday's post only because we came home late.


We had left early Friday morning as I had mentioned on that day's post. A rather uneventful drive north. Upon arriving in Haliburton I was greeted with the site of my choice; where I have been the previous two years: by the lake, as you can see.


  We quickly put together the tent and I rather haphazardly took a picture of the chaotic beginnings of set up. But I like this picture because it shows the background view of Head Lake. The winds come from over the ridge (that you can see back there) and across the lake. Sometimes those winds can pick up very quickly so we make sure the tent is well secured.

Sparrow Avenue Donkey Pillow
My first day was perfect in every way: great turn out, great neighbours, great weather, great location; I could go on and on. 
Just being outside in the country does me good.

Art went to our place of accommodation to unload the van of work that he brought with him. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment